Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's time to play the music! It's time to light the lights!

It's here, everyone: PRODUCTION WEEK! What does that mean!? THAT means that you don't have to wait very much longer to see Collaborative Arts' presentation of Incorruptible.


We open tomorrow night! It's kind of hard to believe that tonight is final dress rehearsal ... time always seems to fly by when I'm doing a play and then BOOM: it's show time! And what a show we have, ladies and gentleman! Check out this preview story by Larry Toppman in today's Charlotte Observer.

As if that wasn't enough to convince you, I've compiled a list of reasons why YOU, Charlotte Arts Patron, should come see the show!
  • You could see a miracle.
  • You will see Chaz Pofahl and I put on a show complete with magic, singing and dancing - all with only 3 eyes between the two of us!
  • Monk robes are sexy. So, we've been rehearsing for weeks now and I love all of the male actors in our cast, but when they came out in their costumes for the first time, I had a total "Hellooooooo, Nurse!" moment (complete with an "AWOOGA" and eye pop). I don't really know what this says about me/the parochial issues I need to work through, but I DO know that Joe Copley, Lee Thomas, Tom Scott, Chaz Pofahl and Matthew Corbett are looking GOOD.
Brown Monk Robe and Hood Costume. Wizard Robe, Priest Robe, Mage Robe.
HOT.
  • Mike Collins says you should. (Go to minute 35 of the Monday, 11/1 post to hear an interview with the playwright, Michael Hollinger and our director, Peter Smeal!)
  • Have YOU ever seen a "nun from hell"? Didn't think so.
  • The show is in the round! It's an exciting, rare way of performing - come see!
  • Wouldn't you feel badly if you didn't? (That's right, I'm using Catholic guilt on you guys, my momma taught me well.)
I'm sure you're asking yourself, "Where can I get tickets?!" The answer? RIGHT HERE. Come on down to the theatre and bring a friend! Or seventeen!

No comments:

Post a Comment